EDM 17 - Draw a musical instrument
Today I drew my dulcimer "Cher". She was already named when I purchased her from a friend of a friend. She has two birds carved in her and a bird sticker. I traced the picks so they are the actual size. Included the time and current weather information.

Great sketch! The dulcimer is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteNice sketch. I love this instrument, too. So, the big question is 'do you play?' or is this on the 'to learn later' list?
ReplyDeleteThanks, RaSonya & John! Yes, the dulcimer is wonderful. When I purchased "Cher" I was into knitting, quilting and other crafts. A knitting friend plays and teaches dulcimer classes. She gave me a few lessons but playing music really isn't my thing. I love listening to music but found it hard concentrating and keeping the beat. I purchased a metronome so hopefully that will help when I get serious about playing. It's on my "to learn later" list. : ) Do you play?
ReplyDeleteI don't play mountain dulcimer (at least yet) but I do have a soft spot for acoustic instruments. Currently I'm in a hobby band as a fiddler and singer and I really hope I never have to choose between music and sketch journaling. Luckily there's room for all. Glad you're giving music a try.
ReplyDeleteThat's great, John. You won't have a problem learning to play the dulcimer. I love the sound of the fiddle. You are truly talented and blessed. God gave me a singing voice for only His ears to enjoy so I try not to sing in public. lol If I were to go to a jam session, I'd want to draw the musicians instead of trying to play along. It's a good feeling being able to do the things we love.
ReplyDelete