Tuesday, March 24, 2015

EDM 14 - Draw what you see in the morning when you get up
Angles, ANgles, ANGles, ANGLes, ANGLEs, ANGLES!!  Drawing those cabinet on the right side of that page was VERY challenging.  I need LOTS of practice!  

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like you blog. It's easier to see everything. You're on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perspective came out great! You can feel the depth punch through the paper. Who would think a bathroom would make such a great sketch topic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Margarita!! I'm afraid that if I stop I won't start again so I'm disciplining myself to focus on drawing the items on the challenge list. I'm addicted to drawing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, John!! When my inner critic was working overtime telling me my drawings were "childlike" your response "...All the pros walked through the same steps you are now. Simply enjoy what you got right and keep at it..." flipped a switch in me and all I want to do is draw. Thanks so much for encouraging me!! That bathroom is very nice and I thought it would make a nice drawing but had no idea how challenging it would be trying to draw those angles. I like that drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome! It seems like there is always a grain of truth to the inner critic gibberish, but you just need to keep it in perspective. Glad you're marching on. My inner critic has a hayday with me because I'm not formally trained so I can feel inferior to all the trained artists around these circles. But then I found that it only stifled my progress. I've come to the conclusion that some pros will always consider my illustrated style as childish cartoons, but that's OK. I do it for me and those that know me and feel good about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wrote, "I do it for me and those that know me and feel good about it." - That's what I like about you, John. Keep drawing, playing music, and enjoying life! : )

    ReplyDelete